Friday, November 04, 2005

Cracker: To Be A Somebody

Film: Cracker: To Be A Somebody (1994)
Dir: Jimmy McGovern
Rating: ***1/2 out of 5 stars



Okay, this isn't really a film, but I liked it so much I wanted to mention it here.

To Be a Somebody is a 3-part television movie (or is it considered an episode?) from a British series called, "Cracker". Despite being in a bad mood cause my film teacher is a prick, I enjoyed all 150 minutes of this. Mostly thanks to the cast. Mostly thanks to Chris Eccleston.

In a nutshell, it is about a forensic psychologist (Robbie Coltrane) helping the police find a killer (Robert Carlyle) who blames society and the police for the Hillsborough football tragedy and seeks revenge. In actuality, he just has some daddy issues. Coltrane is amusing, and Eccleston is awesome as the detective in charge of the case. Carlyle is CREEPY but he's great, isnt he folks?

I loves me some British television. I really must check out the rest of this "Cracker" series. I should've been a Eccleston fan much sooner, I don't know why I'm so late. I guess cause all I've seen is The Others (too small a role), 28 Days Later (overshadowed by Cillian Murphy), and Gone in 60 Seconds (please). Well anyway, British actors rock, British movies rock, and that's all I have to say about that.

0 comments: