Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Warriors

Film: The Warriors (1979)
Dir: Walter Hill
Tagline: These are the Armies of The Night. They are 100,000 strong. They outnumber cops five to one. They could rule New York. Tonight they're all out for the Warriors.
Rating: **1/2 out of 5 stars



I think I've crushed my boyfriend because I don't love this movie. There is probably a lot that I just don't appreciate about it, which is most likely due to all the hype. In any case, I wasn't that impressed. It has some quotable moments (oh, Luther) but the plot is just so dull.

I was pretty bored through most of it, and was disappointed to learn that the plot is literally: Warriors in trouble. Warriors run. Warriors hide. Warriors almost fight, but then run some more. Run. Run. Run. This continues right up until the anti-climactic ending.

That's pretty much my big complaint with it. I just couldn't get interested. I also didn't give a shit about the characters, especially the main ones (Swan and Mercy). The people I liked the most were probably the quirkiest ones, such as Luther and Cyrus.

I don't particularly dislike The Warriors, I just don't find it as awesome as everyone else. Sorry?

0 comments: