Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs

Title: Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs (1974)
Dir: Yukio Noda
Rating: * out of 5 stars



I don't like exploitation movies. Sorry, Tarantino, I just don't.

I don't find entertainment in watching nasty Asian dudes rape girl after girl after girl. I wasn't offended or shocked - just BORED. And irritated. Who'd like this crap?

Red Handcuffs is about a female ex-cop who is offered freedom from prison if she helps rescue the kidnapped daughter of a politician. So she infiltrates the gang of idiotic kidnappers and after being raped a few dozen times, eventually kills them and saves the girl.

Oh wait, no she doesn't. She actually just gets raped and knocked around while the politician's bodyguards do all the work. The titular character is completely useless. She also lacks anything resembling a personality. I just wanted this movie to end. It was painfully boring and dumb. I don't care if it was influential - influential to what? MORE shitty exploitation films? Gee.

Rape on film doesn't bother me. Not even gratuitous rape. But everytime some stupid chick got raped in this, I just wanted to throw something at the television. The director was clearly just a big perv and plugged in a rape scene any chance he got, whether it made sense or not. I mean it is REALLY overdone. And it isn't meant to be disturbing or scary like some movies have used forced-sex. It's also really unattractive, so I hope it wasn't meant to tantilize. At one point this fat, ugly woman in her 40s gets naked and feels up the main character (also naked, as usual) - is this supposed to be erotic? If all the rape was actually consenual sex, I would've been equally irritated. Focus on the story, you fuckin pervert! If you really must tap into your carnal side, just throw in some more gore! Geez.

Okay, enough bitching. If you really like cheap, exploitation films, I guess this is right up your alley. I, on the other hand, hate this shit.

0 comments: