Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Walking Tall

Film: Walking Tall (2004)
Director: Kevin Bray
Tagline: One man will stand up for what's right.
Rating: ** out of 5 stars



Let me say first off, I have not seen the original so I cannot compare.

Before watching this movie, my brother said: "It actually has a story, it's not all about The Rock smashing people head's in with a 2x4."

He was right...regrettably. I think I would've preffered more head-smashing. The story is pretty generic stuff, and about as intelligent as an old Chuck Norris film. Luckily, it's a very short movie. Unfortunately, almost none of that hour and a half is exciting. It isn't nearly as action-packed as the advertisements make it seem.

It's overwhelmingly apparent that the only reason Johnny Knoxville is in this movie is to be the "funny man" to The Rock, which is a pathetic attempt to replicate the Seann William Scott-Rock chemistry in The Rundown. It doesn't even come close.

If you're bored and looking for a laidback popcorn movie, it's not that bad. There are much worse movies out there. Sometimes brainless can be fun - though I prefer my brainless movies with a little more violence.

0 comments: